Samantha Mill House
It is one of only two Historical buildings in the City on Nanticoke. The Mill House was first occupied by John Mill Sr. 1739-1814, who fought in the Revolutionary War and died at the age of 84. Later the home was occupied by John Mill Jr. and his wife Catherine. The structure is a two story modified Georgian of Early American design with two end chimneys. The Mill House was originally in Hanover township before boundary lines had changed, as was much of the the borough on Nanticoke.
Samantha was the daughter of John Mill Jr. Her mother was Catherine Klinker and was the sibling of 5 children in the Mill family. Samantha loved animals, her trees and flowers and children. Before Samantha died in 1837, she had anomalously donated to worthy causes affording many young students the ability to attend college.
The wealth of the Mill family was greatly attributed to vast land holdings leased to the Susquehanna Coal Co. with a small portion going to Glen Alden. The Mill Family spirit of philanthropy started with her parents John & Catherine when they had donated known as the Meeting House between the Methodist and Presbyterian Church's.
The Mill Memorial Library park was constructed in 1958 and contains the Samantha Mill House and the Mill Memorial Library